Want to start volunteering with us? Please read this notice.
For the safety of our animals and staff we are requiring proof of COVID vaccination and masks must be worn at all times in the Wildlife Center. Thank you for your cooperation.
We are asking that if you volunteer with NWR, that you consider a two year commitment. If you'd like to start volunteering with NWR, please submit your application and we will contact you with confirmation of receiving it.
Once you receive confirmation, the next step is to attend a New Volunteer Orientation. We will have New Volunteer Orientation Classes in the Spring of 2023. We can't wait for you to start volunteering with us!
Why Volunteer With NWR?
- Become a part of the solution! Join our mission to save native wildlife and educate the public on how to live in harmony with wildlife.
- Play a role in saving thousands of wild lives each year.
- Work with amazing, dedicated staff and volunteers who value the same things you do.
- Gain experience for your future job or further education.
- Get the rare opportunity to work up-close with wildlife while you ensure they can return to life in the wild.
Please note that all Wildlife Center volunteers, particularly when they first start, help with dishes, laundry, cage and building cleaning, and grounds projects. We’re all in this together!
- You must be 18 years old or older to volunteer in the Wildlife Center.
- Dedication to NWR’s mission and being an ambassador for the organization and wildlife.
- Ability to regularly meet the time requirements.
- Respect for our recovering patients and strict adherence to all NWR protocols and policies.
Nebraska Wildlife Rehab currently needs volunteers to help in the following areas:
- Mammal Nursery
- Bird Nursery
- Herptile Nursery
- Hotline & Wildlife Intake
- Diet Preparation Specialist
- Wildlife Rescue & Reunification Team
- Humane Society Transporter
- Statewide Wildlife Transporter
- Cage Building & Repair
- Enrichment Collection and Building
- Release Sites
How To Volunteer
To volunteer, download and complete our volunteer application in its entirety, and e-mail or mail it to:
Nebraska Wildlife Rehab, Inc. - PO Box 24122 - Omaha, NE 68124-0122
Check out the Volunteer Opportunities link to read more about each volunteer position and the training required.
After you have submitted your application, the next steps are:
- Attend a New Volunteer Orientation Class (Spring 2023)
- After attending a New Volunteer Orientation Class, attend the training specific to the volunteer tasks you would like to perform. (Training times and commitments vary by task.)
- Start making a difference!
Check our Event Calendar for upcoming training sessions! Please submit your application before enrolling for a New Volunteer Orientation Class.